Thursday, November 18, 2010

030 ~ Spirals


The spirals in my life go down and then up
they spiral around and again go down.
The tears in my life overflow from my cup
they come more and more from all around.

It seems I never know when it will hit me - those tears slipping down my cheeks.  The day can be fine, even full and happy, busy with many great and wonderful things.  And then BAM! I'm crying!  It may be simple sobs; or hearty howls; or tender tears.  I never know.  Today a dear friend is having surgery.  I'm not able to be there waiting for her to be done, be through recovery, and finally into a room of her own.  I can't afford to send her flowers or balloons or other such cheerful things to let her know how much I'm thinking about her, how much I'm praying for her, and how much I wish for this time to be successful and help her to regain some of what she's lost since the problem(s) first came about.  I can send her a card - or a few.  I can call her - when she's finally awake and able to talk a few minutes.  But I can't do anything at all right now - except to pray for her.  Today I've cried heartily, I've cried softly, and I've cried silently.  The worry can overtake me - if I let it.  I won't let it.  Peace comes to me when I pray.  So I pray, and pray some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment