Saturday, December 4, 2010

044 ~ O*R*E*O!

Thursday, December 2, 2010
(almost caught up again!)


Little Miss O*R*E*O!
(our very dear friend Michelle)
(the jacket & hand to the right belong to my son Mack)


OK, well, now we got Mack in good,
but Little Miss O*R*E*O 
is a leaning a lot...  ;-)

This was an unexpected surprise for the day!
I needed 2 or 3 things at Burnstad's
(our locally owned grocery store, 
Amish store, European Restaurant,
and unique shopping mall)
so after picking up Mack from work on 
Thursday I gave him the choice of being dropped off
at home or coming with me to Burnstad's.
HE chose to go with me to Burnstad's!
LOL
Neither of us realized until it was too late
that Thursday, from 3pm to 7pm,
(we went at 3:30pm)
was Burnstad's Annual Open House!

My, oh my!!!
The parking lot was packed
so we switched places and he dropped me off
and then went in search of a parking spot
before coming in to help me out.

An hour later...
we picked up more than 2 or 3 items,
sampled dozens of great foods,
ran into a number of people we knew,
and bumped into
Little Miss O*R*E*O,
handing out little packets of 
Oreo cookies!

While I'm not so fond of really crowded places,
things like are one of the reasons I love living in 
a small town, like Tomah!

Growing up in big cities makes it possible to always
have things to do and places to go,
but there's no comparing that to the many relationships
one develops when you get to know...
the cashiers at the grocery store,
the pharmacist at the drug store,
the clerks in most of the local shops,
plus, teachers & school administrators,
local doctors & nurses & other medical assistants,
people serving you in local restaurants
and fast food places,
and pretty much anywhere you go.
And if you don't actually know them in person,
then you know one another by way of a
parent, sibling, cousin, or neighbor!
In other words,
everyone knows everybody!
Which also means almost everyone
knows what's going on in everyone's lives.
Ahhhh...
the small town life...
it's a love-hate sort of thing.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment