Friday, December 3, 2010

043 ~ Winter

Wednesday, December 1, 2010
(deep sigh - it's late again)




Beautiful LAKE TOMAH 
from the clinic parking lot
looking west.
The ice on the lake is getting thicker!
We got a dusting of snow yesterday and
I snapped these two pics right before going
inside for a doctor's appointment!

I've lived in Tomah four and a half years now
and I've never really kept track of when the lake
is finally frozen over or how long it remains frozen.
This year I will track it in this 365 blog!
Shouldn't be too hard!
:o)

Winter is not my best season.
I do love watching the snow fall,
and I love the fresh snow, untouched.
But the cold... and here it's really, REALLY
*C*O*L*D*
The last time we were above freezing (32F - 0C)
was just yesterday ~ it got up to 43F.
And we'd had a few days at the end of
November with highs in the 40s.
Now, as December gets going we're set to have
the next 10 days with highs that won't
even make it to 30!!!
Most Decembers up here are like that.
We'll stay above zero most days, 
but the closer we get to January,
the closer the highs get to zero!
January & February seem to stay
mostly in the sub-zero range;
to the point where we'll think 
ANYTHING
ABOVE ZERO
is a HEAT WAVE!
LOL

Then, of course, it's still another month or two,
at least,
before we're back above 32 at all!!!

Each year I come to dread the winter more.
:-(
Why is that?
Every season has it's purpose.
Each one wonderful in it's own right.
Then again, I don't like summers that are too hot.
So I'm glad I'm not in Texas anymore!

Just find me a place that stays
like SPRING or FALL
all year 'round
and I'll be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment