Friday, October 29, 2010

008 ~ Not My Fault!

I'm going to have to come up with a plan for dealing with inclement weather and downed internet connections!




Today's pic shows the choppy waters of Lake Tomah from a month ago.  The winds from the Oct 26th and 27th make this look tame!
I wish I could have taken some pics of that, but illness kept me inside so no new pics of any kind right now.


All over the news I've seen videos of what this massive storm system has done.  Huge waves in the Great Lakes make their shores look like ocean beaches in a surfing championship.  Some reports said waves on Lake Michigan were 22-24 feet high!


This system beats out the worst of the worst storms of the past, especially since no tropical system was involved in it's formation.  Very rare!  


Just like it's rare to have so much prolonged issues with internet connectivity.  Charter's been very good about getting things up and running as quick as possible.  And you would think that if we were going to lose service it would be during the worst of the storm ~ but this came near the end, as the winds were dying down some.  Not sure what exactly went out, but around 11ish on Wednesday night (when I was reviewing pics for this blog) internet connections started "fritzing" (going off, then on, then off, etc) and after about 30 minutes or so of that we lost it all!  Not just internet, but cable tv, and our phone!  Perhaps I should consider acquiring their "backup" plan for phone service so I'll at least be able to make emergency phone calls during times like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment