Sunday, August 3, 2014

365 ~ DAY 288

Have you ever thought about your life and wondered "what if...?"


Not that we could ever really change any of our past...


And so many will tell us that we learn important lessons in all that we experience - good or bad, success or failure, right or wrong.


There are many "points" in my past where I sometimes revisit what happened and play that 'what if' game. Such times usually come about when my energy is low, my pain is high, and I'm unable to actually do what I would like to be doing. I fight daily to do things I've never been able to do before. I fight against my past. I fight against my present. I keep on fighting for my future! I fight against fibromyalgia, against myofascial pain syndrome, against chronic fatigue syndrome, against osteoarthritis, against chronic kidney disease - a nephrotic syndrome called minimal change disorder, and against a mysterious issue of multiple lesions in my brain of unknown etiology. I fight about multiple allergens: peanuts, wheat, rye, barley, dairy, corn, soy, walnuts, shellfish, contrast dyes, tetracyclines, alcohol, and more. I never know when the next new allergy is going to show itself! I'm more cautious now than I used to be.


I strive for a safer life: avoiding harsh chemicals, avoiding gluten in everything, avoiding GMOs, artificial foods & food additives, avoiding toxins and toxic people, avoiding all those things that have in some way been identified as dangerous to my own personal well-being. It's hard to maintain diligence and not just quit - give up - stop trying to make my life better!


But what would be the alternative? If I don't fight to make and keep my world safe then nothing else is worthwhile - nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment